Bioethics Committee of the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń
functioning at Collegium Medicum in Bydgoszcz
Komisja Bioetyczna UMK
Collegium Medicum im. Ludwika Rydygiera w Bydgoszczy
ul. M. Curie Skłodowskiej 9
The Committe’s office is located within the Department of Forensic Medicine.
The Bioethics Committee of the Nicolaus Copernicus University functioning at Collegium Medicum in Bydgoszcz acts pursuant to the regulation of the Minister of Health and Welfare of May 11, 1999 on detailed rules for the creation, financing and functioning of bioethics committees (Dz. U. [Journal of Laws] No 47, item 480).
The Bioethics Committee states their opinion on projects of medical experiments or research studies and grants approval by way of a resolution, taking into account ethical criteria as well as the purpose and feasibility of the project. Every medical experiment or research study involving human subjects conducted by the departments of Collegium Medicum in Bydgoszcz requires the approval of the Bioethics Committee.
Members of the Committee:
- prof. dr hab. n. med. Karol Śliwka – forensic medicine – chairman
- mgr prawa Joanna Połetek-Żygas – lawyer – vice-chairman
- prof. dr hab. n. med. Mieczysława Czerwionka-Szaflarska – paediatrics, paediatric allergology gastroenterology;
- prof. dr hab. n. med. Marek Grabiec – obstetrics, gynaecological oncology;
- prof. dr hab. n. med. Maria Kłopocka – internal medicine, gastroenterology;
- prof. dr hab. n. med. Zbigniew Włodarczyk – general surgery, clinical transplantology;
- dr hab. n. med. Katarzyna Sierakowska, prof. UMK – anaesthesiology and intensive care;
- dr hab. n. med. Maciej Słupski, prof. UMK – general surgery, clinical transplantology;
- ks. dr hab. Wojciech Szukalski – clergyman;
- dr n. med. Radosława Staszak-Kowalska – representative of the Regional Medical Council at the Bydgoszcz Chamber of Doctors and Dentists; paediatrics, pulmonology;
- mgr farm. Aleksandra Adamczyk – representative of the Regional Pharmaceutical Countil at the Kuyavian-Pomeranian Pharmaceutical Chamber in Bydgoszcz; pharmacist;
- mgr pielęgniarstwa Lidia Iwińska-Tarczykowska – representative of the Regional Chamber of Nurses and Midwives in Bydgoszcz; nurse;
- mgr prawa Patrycja Brzezicka – lawyer;